Spending a week on the farm allows campers to really dive into the day-to-day operations of a working dairy farm. They will rise with our farmers and help them carry out the daily chores including milking our cows and goats and feeding and watering the rest of our animals. They will tend to and harvest the garden and work with our CIA-trained chefs to cook meals using farm-fresh ingredients. Campers will spend their mornings working hard doing chores and ensuring that our animals are well-cared for and afternoons will be spent playing in the creek, exploring our fields and forests, and enjoying each other’s company.
Overnight programs will each have a different focus. While every overnight camper will participate in daily chores and cook their own meals with our chefs, we want to provide opportunities for young people to explore different aspects of our farm that they are particularly interested in. The purpose of these programs is to get participants excited about animals, fresh foods and their environment. We hope to instill a sense of enthusiasm and responsibility for our land and the people who care for it.
Week 1: Girls’ Overnight
June 24-29, ages 10-12
Week 2: Girls’ Overnight
July 1-6, ages 10-12
Week 3: Girls’ Farm Intensive
July 8-13, ages 11-13
Week 4: Girls’ Overnight
July 15-20, ages 10-12
Week 5: Boys’ Overnight
July 22-27, ages 10-12
Week 6: Girls’ Farm to Table
July 29-August 3, ages 10-12
Week 7: Project Harvest: Animal Planet
August 5-13, co-ed, rising freshman-seniors
Week 8: Farm Mini-Week
August 15-17, co-ed, ages 9-11
Price: $900 ($450 for Mini-Week and $1,100 for Project Harvest)
Please Note the Following Details Regarding Overnight Camp (5 Day Program):
- We will be providing all meals and snacks. We will accommodate dietary requirements with our provided meals. If your child has special food that they absolutely must eat while they are at camp, this should be given to staff upon arrival.
- Drop off time on Sunday is at 1:30pm. If you need to drop off your child before 1:30, please let us know so we can make arrangements. Please check-in with staff upon arrival.
- Pick up time on Friday at 1:30pm. We will be providing programming until then. If you need to pick up your child before 1:30, please let us know so we can make arrangements. Please check-out with staff before departure.
- Drop off and pick up parking will be by our cow barn and cafe. Look for signs that say “Overnight Camp Pick Up/Drop Off.”
- We will be sharing photos and news throughout the week. Keep an eye on your email for more information.
- Your child will have access to a camp phone and can call home every evening if they choose. If you send a phone with them, it should be given to the Camp Director upon arrival.
- You will be working on our farm and with our animals. Animals and their spaces get dirty. Please bring clothes that can actually get dirty and muddy. If you do not have “work” clothes, Goodwill and other thrift stores are a great place to buy cheap pants, shoes and outwear that can get ruined.
- For any last minute questions or changes, call/text Katie Williams, Director of Education and Camps, at firstname.lastname@example.org.